Who are the Jury members of the Spec Go Green International Awards 2019? All of them are prestigious and unfamiliar faces in the field of architecture both in the country and in Asia. The organizers of the sixth Green Architecture Award officially announce the famous characters who will participate in this year’s competition with the role of “To hold to balance”, choosing the most excellent participating projects and constructions.
1. Head of the Jury: Mr.Nirmal Kishnani
Dr. Nirmal Kishnani has been the editor-in-chief of Futurarc Journal from 2007 so far, as well the chairman of the jury of the FuturArc and Futurarc Green Leadership Award.
He not only works as a supper Lecture at Architecture Department of National University of Singapore but also practices in field of Green Project. Moreover. Dr. Nirmal Kishnani has made some speech, written many articles about the topic of Greening in Asia as well consulted on a number of projects in the region.
2.Mr. Douglas L. Snyder
Mr. Douglas L. Snyder has 29 years of experience working in Green- Sustainable Constructions. Currently, he is Deputy Director in charge of Sustainable Design- ARDOR Company, and also teaches both in the domestic and international universities. Mr. Douglas L. Snyder is a member of the Vietnam Green Building Council and a LEED Expert recognized by the US Green Building Council in 2004.
In addition to technical work, Mr. Douglas also participates in professional organizations including:
- Representative and member of the United nation Advisory Board ( 2011- 2014) for PRIDE- Pacific Rim Education and Development Institute
- Member of Advisory Board of Development Capital Strategies LLA , Newyork ( 2009-2011)
- Organizing Adviser of Sustainable Energy Workshop (2009- 2010) NESEA – Northeastern Sustainable Energy Association (2009-2010) – Energy workshop number 10
- Co- founder and consultant member, Community Development Organization (2008- 2010) Western Green Group (Mass Green), Massachussetts
3.Mr. Ar Gyanendra Singh Shekhawat
Ar Gyanendra Singh Shekhawat is a well-known Indian architect with over 20 years of professional experience in the field of Architectural Design and Urban Planning. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Aurangabad in 1997. Two years later, he became a Master of Urban Planning work in the Delhi School of Planning and Architecture after successfully defending his thesis Research on Transition and the Scope of the Urban Heritage – The City of Jaipur – one of the rarely ancient urban legacies left in the world.
Currently, Architects Ar Gyanendra Singh Shekhawat is:
- Founder- the chief architects of IDEAS Architecture Design & Planning
- The chairman of Indian Institute of Architecture
- The chairman of ACAE( ARCASIA Architectural Education Committee)
- Members of Indian Insitute of Planning
In addition, Master of Architecture – Ar Gyanendra Singh Shekhawat has 7 years of teaching experience in Malviya. He has made great contribution as well devoted to Indian architecture in particular and the world in general, achieved so many domestic and foreign awards such as:
- Best Architect of the Year (Indian Property Award 2007)
- Best Architect of the Year (Zee Marudhara Real Estate & Architecture Award 2015)
- State Commendation Award (25th JK Cement Architect of the Year Award 2016)
- Best Architecture Award in Hospitality Space (Danik Bhaskar Award for Excellence in Architecture & Interior Design 2017)
4.Mr. Nguyen Tien Thuan
Ph.D & Architect Nguyen Tien Thuan is not only General Director of X1-HAAL Architecture Co., Ltd but also a member of the Central Executive Committee of the Vietnam Association of Architects, the Architectural Council’s member of the Vietnam Association Of Architects, finally a member of the State Acceptance Council – Ministry of Construction
He used to be the Vice Dean of Architecture and Head of the Department of Architecture of Public projects and Works at Hanoi Architectural University.
Many architectural works of Ph.D & Architect Nguyen Tien Thuan won the national architecture prize such as: Hai Phong International Exhibition Center project (2004), Dak Lak Museum project (2012), and the project of Ceremony Centre and A1 Martyr’s Cemetery in Dien Bien Province (2016).
He received the Labor Medal as well as many titles and prizes awarded by the State.
5.Mr. Nguyen Hoang Manh
Mr. Nguyen Hoang Manh has 20 years of experience in the field of design, consultancy and management of architectural projects. As one of the three founders of MIA Design Studio, he and his colleagues had many realistically high-value works that were put into use with a design philosophy: focusing on contemporary tropical architectural space, friendly with human living environment.
The Typical national awards:
- National Architecture Award 2014
- Vietnam Property Award 2015
- Sao Bien Architecture Award in the Central- Central Highlands region
- Vietnam Green Architecture Award 2016
- Architect Award of the year 2016 voted by Ashui magazine
- National Architecture Award 2016
- Vietnam Property Award 2017
- Architectural office of 2017 voted by Ashui magazine
- Vietnam Green Architecture Award 2018
- National Architecture Awards 2018
- National Urban Planning Award 2018
- Top 10 Beautiful Houses 2018 voted by kienviet.net
Typical international awards:
- The 2A International Architecture Award in Istanbul, Turkey
- Baku International Architecture Awards 2016 in Baku, Azerbaijan
- AR Architecture Award in London, UK
- Top 10 most popular works voted by ArchDaily
- Yuan Ye Award 2015
- Architizer Award A +
- World Architecture Award voted by The Chicago Athenaeum
- The work was selected for the World Architecture Festival Award into the finalround.
- ArchDaily’s Top 11 Projects in 11 Years
- Architecture MasterPrize 2019
Spec Go Green International Awards is a precious architectural award for young architects, architecture students in Vietnam and Asia for many years under the auspices of the Vietnam Association of Architects, SPEC sponsor of the 4-Oranges Company and implementing units: Kien Viet Design and Media Joint Stock Company, with the purpose of responding to the “Proclamation of Vietnam Green Building” and Green Architecture Criteria announced by Vietnam Association of Architects.
Details about the contest can see this link